Wednesday 1 December 2010

Audience Research Focus Group.

I have set up a research focus group on facebook to gain knowledge of the type of things our target audience look for and are interested about in  a film. I have invited many people in the range of 15-25 which is our target market therefore their feedbacks will be very useful to me. 
I asked my focus group. 
1. What are your favourite genres of film? 
2. What would you expect to happen in films of that genre?


The responses of theses questions have been very useful and I have found out that the most common type of genre that most people prefer are comedy and horror. They watch these types of films for a very specific reason. Whilst watching a comedy, I have concluded that everyone expects there to be funny scenes and situations and just general funny things that can make them laugh. However in a horror movie, peoples expectations completley change, my focus group expect to see general evil within the world by seeing scenes of different crimes such as murder and rape. also they look for blood and gore and an overall eery feeling and a snse of mystery. They also expect a film of this genre to frighten them, they predict that they will have nightmares and wont be able to sleep with the lights off.


No comments:

Post a Comment